- 7th or 8th grade student
- Principal's List/Honor Roll for all marking periods.
- Average of a 90 or above in each of the core subjects (Math, ELA, Writing Lab, Social Studies, Science, Foreign Language).
- Average of a 90 or above per marking period, with no grade below an 87.
- Complete application form.
- Teacher Evaluation survey (ratings on each individual's Character, Leadership, Citizenship, and Service).
- Evaluation of discipline records.
Once all of the requirements are met, the Faculty Council (consisting of five teachers) will meet and discuss each candidate's application, including teacher evaluations. The Faculty Council works very hard to be fair, consistent, and accurate. Once the selection of candidates is made, students and parents are notified and an induction ceremony is held in their honor.